I met Barry at the Brewery Art Colony. During his life-long pursuit of art, he was a sound engineer on some of my favorite albums (from Marilyn Manson, Smashing Pumpkins, Snoop Dogg) and is now exploring photography as a visual medium. We discuss the pursuit of art, overcoming fear and the power of self-expression.
During this conversation, you will learn about:
- Barry’s life-long pursuit of art and what drives him to create
- the root of his optimism
- the difference between art and expression
- why he transitioned from being a well respected sound engineer
- the Artist 21 movement
- giving others permission to be vulnerable
- how he became involved in the Delhi Contemporary Arts Week
- our thoughts on the US individual culture vs the communal culture of India
- Barry’s thesis of planetary culture and culture crafting
- his first photography exhibition
- the power of your words and what you say about yourself
- Barry’s site – http://barrygoldberg.biz
- The Brewery Art Colony – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brewery_Art_Colony
- Delhi Contemporary Arts Week – http://www.dcaw.in
“The studio used to be the artist’s world….now the world is the artist’s studio.”
These podcasts are only the beginning, hopefully leading to deeper conversations. In that vein, I’m going to try something new. I’m creating a group where I can post unreleased resources, share unique opportunities and interact with you on a more personal level. The key to me is interaction. To give us a way to learn from each other.
So – if this sounds fun to you, join our growing community.
Oh – and before this starts to sound like some slick sales shit – this is all free. All you need to bring is your time and attention.