Gavin and I explore the intersection of creativity and logic; therapy for businesses and making them healthy; plus he shares his thoughts on the upcoming shift to a convivial economy. In this episode, I say, “I didn’t know that.” … A lot.
During this conversation, you will learn about:
- Gavin’s unique background that has lead him to combine business and creativity
- how integrity (the mathematical concept) is key to it all
- why Gavin believes that businesses are living organisms that need therapy
- the evolution of businesses over time
- whether we are in a bubble or if there is a significant shift on the horizon
- why the greatest value is often in the edges between two systems
- the coming shift toward the Convivial Economy
- why today is the day of the performer (again)
- many interesting facts that I didn’t know before this conversation
- Gavin’s about.me – http://workplaydance.com
- Genius Engine – http://wedrivegenius.com
- Dandapani – http://www.dandapani.org
An accredited angel investor and a serial entrepreneur, Gavin has founded and folded a handful of businesses you’ve probably never heard of. He’s learned along the way to focus on customer experience, befriend unforseen challenges, integrate new discoveries, and build on what’s working. Now he applies all that to support entrepreneurs, executives, and fellow angels in creating companies that are great places to work and a delight for their customers and investors. Clients and colleagues appreciate his integrity, vision, creativity, insightful questions, and ability to synthesize big ideas into actionable tests. Gavin helps unleash creativity, scale culture, and build genius organizations that run themselves.
Passionate about games, dancing, food, and good decisions. Investments and experience in tech, mobile, food, and cybernetics; primarily interested in how teams learn and operate together.
These podcasts are only the beginning, hopefully leading to deeper conversations. In that vein, I’m going to try something new. I’m creating a group where I can post unreleased resources, share unique opportunities and interact with you on a more personal level. The key to me is interaction. To give us a way to learn from each other.
So – if this sounds fun to you, join our growing community.
Oh – and before this starts to sound like some slick sales shit – this is all free. All you need to bring is your time and attention.