Jayson is one of my favorite people on this planet. After self-sabotaging a business that he dreaded; Jayson found his passion and became the best person I know at building events where people genuinely connect. We joke around and then dig deep into topics ranging from building genuine communities to the mental models that hold us back.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- our atrocious eating habits while traveling (or at least mine!)
- why I trust Jayson to build out a community of genuine people to network with
- how his early days as a concierge have made him stellar at visualizing and designing experiences
- “Business, like life, is all about how you make people feel. It’s that simple, and it’s that hard.” – Danny Meyer
- why he sees himself as a talent scout and bouncer
- picking the right people at the right time in their journey
- the power of intuition when building communities
- our mental models of self-sabotage and how we’re overcoming them
- why we shouldn’t put people on pedestals (or overcoming the “I’m not worthy” syndrome)
- education being ripe for change and our views on it
- taking theatre or improv classes in order to improve communication and speaking skills
- being a poor networker and using pre-planning in order to overcome that hurdle
- the freedom of minimalism and not keeping ahold of physical things
- his entrepreneurial perspective and how his daughter is driving him to be a better person
- the power of using a podcast in order to have focused conversations
- To connect with Jayson – https://twitter.com/JaysonGaignard
- His event, Mastermind Talks – http://www.mastermindtalks.com
- Online Education:
- TED Talks:
- Timehop – http://timehop.com
Jayson Gaignard is the Founder and Talent Scout at MastermindTalks and the Host of The MMT Podcast.
These podcasts are only the beginning, hopefully leading to deeper conversations. In that vein, I’m going to try something new. I’m creating a group where I can post unreleased resources, share unique opportunities and interact with you on a more personal level. The key to me is interaction. To give us a way to learn from each other. So – if this sounds fun to you, join our growing community. Oh – and before this starts to sound like some slick sales shit – this is all free. All you need to bring is your time and attention.