I wouldn’t expect others to open up and be vulnerable if I wasn’t willing to do the same. In this episode, I share my story – the highs and the lows that have forged my purpose over the last 7 years. It hasn’t always been pretty – but it has lead me to where I am and has given me perspective on the various paths we choose through life.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- how being an army brat became an asset and advantage
- the inflection points that have dramatically changed the path in my life
- why I moved from New Mexico to the East Coast
- the joy of balancing both creative and analytical work
- why I believe that Theatre Arts is the best degree I could have gotten
- initial setbacks that became some of my greatest inciting incidents
- dealing with the loss of my parents (eventually) and the mistake I made
- hitting rock bottom and how to overcoming burnout and depression
- driving an ambulance from the UK to Mongolia
- forging deeper friendships through adversity – i.e. in the middle of the Gobi Desert
- how I became connected to such incredible and giving people who inspire me
- surviving the trek through Siberia and into the Arctic Circle — on a motorcycle
- the power of having time to reflect and the perspective you gain
- dealing with loss, round 2 – this time with lessons learned and perspective
- the phases and focuses of my life (memorable, visceral, connected, meaningful)
- why the hell I would want to put out this podcast and be willing to share my darkest moments
- why I believe you should choose your own path
- Chris on Twitter – https://twitter.com/chrisplough
- Chris’ main site – http://chrisplough.com
- The Adventurists – http://www.theadventurists.com
Chris Plough is an adventurer, entrepreneur and storyteller who has launched successful companies, survived sketchy adventures met incredible people. He is the of this site, oznog.com.
These podcasts are only the beginning, hopefully leading to deeper conversations. In that vein, I’m going to try something new. I’m creating a group where I can post unreleased resources, share unique opportunities and interact with you on a more personal level. The key to me is interaction. To give us a way to learn from each other.
So – if this sounds fun to you, join our growing community.
Oh – and before this starts to sound like some slick sales shit – this is all free. All you need to bring is your time and attention.